Thursday, August 18, 2011

Aratiles and the sweet old days...

How much these lil' fruits mean to you? Are there any flashback memories of your younger years?

Well I'm proud to say I grew up with these fruits called "Aratiles" or I call it "Alatires" when I was young. To harvest a small bowl of these red cherries is a challenge because you have to climb its tree which the branches are quite not tough. And even more challenging if your climbing at your neighbor's tree that has a dog guarding its yard, my friends and I are really praying for luck every time.

One day my husband brought home some of these fruits. Although I'm not fond of eating them anymore, I decided to take photos to relish my sweet childhood memories.

Have some please...



1 comment:

  1. haha I remember my sweet childhood days with these fruits too. I even used to climb in its tree with my friends. In our place we call it "mansanitas". Thanks for the post!

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete