Saturday, August 13, 2011

Breakfast Ideas: French Toast :)

After a night shift work today, I decided to pass by a neighborhood bakery and bought some freshly baked tasty breads. I'm going to make my version of French Toast which my kiddo loves to eat these days. 

While the original recipes of french toast need to soak the bread to a liquid mixture of milk and egg, I don't. My quick and humble version just needs a bread toaster to have it done.  So for this recipe, you just need to prepare the following:


  • tasty bread
  • butter
  • powder sugar
  • and a bread toaster :)



  • Insert 2 loaves of bread in the toaster, you can adjust timer from seconds to minutes, you can toast both sides but in the toaster I have, you need to toast the other side after the other. I prefer to toast it a bit longer since I want it well-toasted and just one side of the bread.
 
    • Spread it with butter, make sure the butter melts to cover the toasted portion.



    • Sprinkle it with sugar and serve.
    • You can proceed toasting the other breads while you do the above procedures.

    • Best serve with hot coffee :).
     Time to wake up my boys and enjoy breakfast before I take a doze off. :)



    Some extras for my son's snack while he watches TV. Make sure to keep it in a food container with well-tight lid, here I used a tupperware food keeper :).


    No comments:

    Post a Comment